HAVE YE NOT READ?

Friday, June 29, 2007

In My Father's House are many Mansions

John was sent from God, (1:6) to bear witness of Jesus Christ, telling us the true teachings of our Lord and Savior. We're going to start in:

John 14:1 1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Jesus is telling us not to worry about anything, because if we really believe in our Father, and really believe in him, then we will listen to what he's telling us.

John 14: 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

If you were to ask the average Christian today, what did Jesus mean in verse (2) most of them will tell you, that when they die and go to heaven, there's going to be a mansion waiting for them, because they have gone above and beyond, pleasing God, while they were on this earth. This is highly believed among the false teachings of the Rapture Theory.

I can remember my granny's eyes swelling up with tears of joy; when she would talk about how, she couldn't wait to go home to her mansion in the sky! I often wondered, why do we have to wait until we die to get a big ole house in the sky!

Whew! See what false teachings can do to you? Ok, let's get started in our understanding of our Father's Word.

(When Jesus tells you something, there's always a deeper meaning underneath what was actually being said. So, let's find out the real truth about this word Mansions).



Let's check this word out in the original language, that it was written in (Greek).

Greek Text King James Bible With Strongs Dictionary http://www.htmlbible.com/sacrednamebiblecom/kjvstrongs/index2.htm


3438 monh, mone, mon-ay' from menw - meno 3306; a staying, i.e. residence (the act or the place):--abode, mansion.

3306 menw, meno, men'-o a primary verb; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy):--abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry (for), X thine own.

(It means a place to rest and abide where there is no trouble).

Jesus is saying, if you are in my Father's House, and if you stay in your Father's Word, if you dwell with us, if you listen to us, if you hear us, if you depend on us, if you study our words, (not the traditions of man), if you remain loyal to us, if you continue to seek us, if you are in him, if you are in me, and we are in you, then you are among the others who are resting in our Father's House.

HE IS your mansion! I AM your mansion!

He IS your resting place! I AM your resting place!


3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

He's not saying, I'm going to go pick you out a mansion. Jesus is saying, I'm going to go to the cross, take every sin that you have, on my shoulders, and they are going to be nailed to the cross along with me, so that when you mess up you can come to The Father, and ask for forgivness, in my name, and it will be forgiven. Don't Worry! I'm preparing a resting place for you!

Because, when I come back I want to be able to bring you to where I am. I don't want you on the wrong side of the gulf!


(John sent from God, continues to bear witness of Jesus' teachings).

John 12:46
I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

(Satan, the prince of this world, would love for you to abide in darkness with him).


John 15:4
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.


John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.


John 15:6
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

(Be the Wheat not the Chaff!)


John 15:7
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

(Jesus reassures us over and over again, don't worry! I got your back!)

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.



When the anti-christ comes and sit in Jerusalem, claiming to be the Real Jesus, deceiving the whole world with his lies, saying Iv'e come to rapture you out of here, don't worry!

You are already in your Father's House! You are already in your Mansion!


Enjoy your studies! alisicia


2 Comments:

At Sun Aug 19, 08:45:00 AM 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

SAVED BY GRACE
About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 2004, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages . God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & guilt, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].
PEACE BE WITH YOU
MICKY

 
At Sun Aug 31, 03:15:00 AM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something quite similar happened to me a month ago.Terror and spiritual torture, I cannot explain it.It happens to me every once in a while I guess to shake me, To get and prepare me into the next level.I cant explain it I just know it .I don't know of many people that have been through it.I can tell you I am in so much peace now , all because of other peoples prayers and mine of course.I still have a long path in understanding, but the holy spirit has been teaching me at my own pace.I think,I hope I have been learning.

God Bless you and us and everyone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home